Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Unwinding the Spell of Want, Part 1

At the risk of sounding a little wacky to some of you...I need to share with you a life-changing part of my journey with Jesus over the past couple months.

After the first of the year, the Lord very clearly directed me to fast for 40 days.  I just knew I had to do it, but I had never done anything close to this before.  Honestly, I was fearful...as in terrified.

How would I prepare? 
What would fasting look like for our young family who has dinner together as often as we can? 
How would I get things done? 
What kind of fast would I do?
Where would God lead me?
What would He lead me to do?  

These questions, and more, flooded my mind.  Through all the questions, I knew one thing was very clear—I needed to fast and focus on God’s Word and His will for me.  There are so many voices that vie for our attention, but there is only one Voice that we need to hear…the voice of Jesus.

If you are a follower of Jesus and sense a hunger for God deep in your soul, if you need to unwind the spell of want in your life, then the next few blog posts will be for you.  I want to tell you about my experience of Jesus through fasting, and hopefully, you will be inspired to seek the face of God through fasting and prayer.  There is nothing like it.  

Over the next few posts, I will give a Biblical basis for Christian fasting, as well as some helps for fasting, itself.  

May we grow in our hunger for God!

1 comment: